Friday, January 27, 2017

Not guilty !

I made the decision to change the distance for my race tomorrow . I have changed the distance from the half to the 5k .  Two reasons why I decided to change the distance , first off  my son has a classmates bday party early afternoon tomorrow and if run the half I will not have time to take him to this event  . Secondly I have been feeling under the weather, runny nose , sneezing and tightness in my lungs thanks to my asthma! I feel that if I run the half I will only make my cold worse .  Sometimes you have to make these decisions without feeling guilty for doing so. My kids,  family and health always come first and I will do what I can to make sure I take good care of them. 
Running less or not running at all when you are sick or when things come up does not  make you lazy or any less of a runner .- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment